Downer shops Read more [...]
Sammy’s Kitchen has been around for years. I still remember the days when they were across the road (they’re now at North Quarter). It’s a good place if you want a quick chinese/malaysian meal, however there are a lot of places around for food options.
- Food – good variety of Chinese and Malaysian dishes. Food comes pretty quickly. Note there is a small surcharge on credit cards.
- Service – I wasn’t thrilled with the service from a couple of wait staff. I was talking with a friend when a waiter just hurriedly placed a coke and glass in front of us (it was quite loud), and just started to walk away. We hadn’t order a coke so called him back. Turns out it was for the table next to us.
- High chairs/pram space – There are no high chairs available – Ryan sat on a chair. There is limited pram space – you can fit a pram or two inside if you are in a small party (2-3 people). Otherwise you’re better off sitting in the outside area.
- Change table – the closest parents’ room is upstairs in the food court.
- Accommodating for children – it’s not my first choice if I want to take children. As mentioned, no high chairs and not much room for prams. I’ve been to places where they also offer plastic plates and cutlery for the children – not at Sammy’s.
Day/Time of Visit: Thursday lunchtime
Published 7 January 2018